Land Division – Hills to Coast

The process for land divisions / amalgamations / realignments can be time-consuming and complex. You can choose to submit the applications yourself but it is strongly recommended you get a professional licensed surveyor and a conveyancer to:

  • Determine whether your proposal meets the planning and development requirements from your local council.
  • Draft the necessary plans and applications according to specifications set out in the council’s Development Plan.
  • Lodge all applications and necessary paperwork in the correct format.
  • Monitor the progress of the application/s and liaise with Council.
  • Advise you of the outcome.
  • Appeal a decision.

A surveyor will prepare the plan and necessary paperwork to lodge with State Commission Assessment Panel (SCAP) and a conveyancer will prepare the necessary application to be lodged in your local council and the Lands Titles Office (LTO).

All plans of division must be prepared according to the Plan Presentation Guidelines and the relevant LTO application must satisfy the Real Property Act 1858 and LTO requirements.

Once lodged, you can check the status of your land division application online through the Land Division Application Search or contact Independent Civil Conveyancing for a progress report.

Call Now!