We Support Private Sellers.

Private house sales are becoming more and more common. The most obvious advantage of selling your house privately is the significant savings from cutting out real estate agent sales commission.

But there is a limit to how much the private seller can achieve without professional help. Before the transfer of residential land can take place, there are statutory legal obligations which must be satisfied. However, this need not be a road block for private sellers. You CAN sell your home, but you will need to engage a conveyancer to finalise your property settlement.

For example, a ‘Form 1’ Vendor’s Disclosure and contract for sale and purchase of land must be properly researched, drafted and served in accordance with legislation.  We will prepare the contract and Form 1 before your buyer comes along so you are able to seal the deal without delay.

The contract sets out the terms of the sale, settlement and transfer of the property. The actual transfer of legal title to the land itself is effected at settlement by a signed memorandum registered at the Lands Titles Office (LTO).

Our conveyancers are legally trained. We encourage you to see us at Independent Civil Conveyancing as soon as your house is advertised for sale. It is prudent to have a legally qualified conveyancer on board from the outset to draft and check the terms of the contract to ensure you fulfill your legal obligations as a private seller as well as to protect your rights and interests.

We will also give you prompt, ongoing advice so that you do not lose the opportunity to sell or purchase the property in question.

When it comes to the conveyancing or transfer of land title, you can be assured of our comparatively low fees so you can pocket the hard earned equity in your home. 

Who needs an agent?

If you are wanting to manage the sale of your property yourself but need support with the legalities of the transaction, talk to us today.

Call Now!